Saturday, August 08, 2009

So I have found a new past time that is thrilling to me. I try to see how much food I can get for as little as possible. I have been doing rather well at it. I have gotten the last months worth of food for, at most, half the price! Then this past Monday I hit the jackpot! I got $90 worth of groceries for $17!!!!!! It is all about mixing coupons, and sales. The stores here frequently have bogo sales on items we use. I only clip the coupon if I am going to use it that day. I also use printable coupons a lot. And I stack coupons when possible, like using a manufacturers coupon with a store coupon and a competitors coupon. It does take time, but it makes me feel sooo good to save money like that!

6 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Wow, I am impressed. We don't get coupons for the grocery store around her, though we do get adds for some of them. That is a skill I definitely admire!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Mom and Dad said...

Today I bought a genuine temple dress for 25 cents! Best bargain yet.

10:29 PM  
Blogger The Pagets in Florida said...

Most of the coupons we use come from the Sunday paper. I go out on Monday and buy three copies of it so I have several copies of the same coupons.
Way to go Mom on such a great deal!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Papa said...

You make me so proud!!!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Ah you keep your inserts whole! I have to file mine. Did your receipt say you saved more than 80%? The closest I've gotten is 78%. If I would leave out the produce one of these times I might make it.80% is this aspiration I have :).

11:20 PM  
Blogger The Pagets in Florida said...

It didn't say the percent. But I recently was told by a friend that they paid $3 for $30 of stuff from Target! I don't know if they take competitors coupons, but I know Walmart doesn't. I have found I can get most everything cheaper then Walmart if I use coupons with sales. Yay! No more Walmart (almost)!!!!!

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home