Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween and into November

So, Halloween came and went. You must understand that as I get older, my Halloween costume ideas for myself get more and more elaborate (and expensive.) So, I have started going back to simpler and simpler costumes. This year, it was a wig, hat, and a tightly checkered red and white cowboy shirt. It was pretty cool for me. Some people were confused IF I was actually dressed up. Since we didn't actually take any pictures of me with that get up, I thought we could at least show what the hair and hat looked like as modeled by the young-in that found it before I got out the door to go to school.

I think this one looks funnier because the sun really bleached out his face. At least I don't have kids with this much hair to wash all the time. That is so nice.
He didn't actually wear my costume to the candy laden activities. He went as a robot. There was a definite gap in people who were trying to guess what he was. Those over say 55 years old thought that he was dressed as the Tin Man. Everyone else figured out he was a robot. The kids all seemed to love his outfit.
Isaac was a tiger. It was in the closet. We were glad it happened to fit him this year. The temperature worked out great. It was just like a sleeper for him. It was really warm. He was really cute though.
So adorable. He wouldn't actually keep the head up. It was too hot. After all, it is Florida.

Here they are together. Nothing like cute kids together.

Well, the more industrious of the two of us got out the sewing machine and went to town making this blanket. It was great.
Nice blankets for the un-named boy.
And after 5 years, we now have bought vehicle number 10. Yes, we got a mini-van. For those of you who don't remember the last 9, you can check out a previous post when we let it out that we needed a minivan for the extra car seat. That was our little way of letting the world know that we were expecting. So here it is, a 97 Grand Caravan. It should meet our needs.

We will miss the Nissan that we have had. We expected to keep this one for the long haul. And in all reality, we have. It lasted us almost 3 years and 25, 000 miles (the most of any of the vehicles we owned.) It sure was a great car (just in cast you are in the market.)

So long little car. May you serve someone else well for about the same price we bought you.
Happy Thanksgiving.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Congrats on the new van. Kathrine, your little prego belly is so cute!

4:12 PM  
Blogger The Pagets in Florida said...

Sorry, no profile views on Kathrine... but most people have asked if she had already dropped. She hasn't. But the baby sits low.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I don't know how you handle all the car shopping. I hope our camry lasts forever so I don't ever have to get another car.

5:51 PM  
Blogger The Pagets in Florida said...

The car shopping mostly happens when moving to a city that the car cannot accommodate. Or, as currently, we just won't be able to fit three car-seats in our Nissan.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Danny said...

I also think the van is a keeper. Welcome to van-dom!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home