We will survive!
So we survived Tropical Storm Fay! I will tell more about that a little latter, we have some pictures below.
Our Relief Society has a sewing group, and we learned this past month how to make men's ties into boy's ties! It was fabulous, because you can even get two ties out of one, if they are small enough. The basic idea is to measure from the neck button to the belly button, double the length, and add 4 to 6 inches to the length. This is for a Velcro type tie. If you want one to actually tie like Daddy, tie it around the child's neck and cut off the excess. If you want more information, just let me know.
So on to the photos:
I walked into the boys room one afternoon, and they were both sitting on the edge of the bed looking at books. By the time I got the camera, Isaac had seen me and moved. But I still took the shot.

Michael was SO tired on night he was falling asleep everywhere. I wanted him to go potty first, so I put him in the bathroom and closed the door. A few minutes later, this is what I opened to door to find. We have a chair in the bathroom for when Michael was potty training, the adult would sit on it to read to Michael. Apparently Michael fits on this chair in several positions!

Michael taugh Isaac how to play Ring-Around-the-Rosies! It was soooo cute! Afterwards Isaac was turning around on his own, trying to sing the song. If we only had a video camera, I would have taped it! (ooooolllkkkk;;;''''yyyfffffffffffddddddddaaaaqqweertyuo[]\\ji7531`,mbcz.b--this is Michael's contribution.)

I hope the next one is just as cute!!

So here are the results of Fay. Friday we had scattered showers, some heavy, some not so much. Then Saturday we really got hit. Saturday morning the lime tree was on the ground and the tomato plants had been blown over. The ground was so saturated that the tomato trelis wouldn't even stay in the ground to hold the poor plants up!

And our tomato fell off. It is in my hand. I have it on the counter hoping it will rippen and become edible.
These are pictures of the dabrie that was left on the ground. It may not look like a whole lot, but from here it looks like a mess. There were also trees and power lines that fell across roads and rivers are flooding. Thankfully we are on high enough ground that we didn't get flooded. The trees fell because of the saturated ground. They just had no grip in the ground when the wind came. We were out of power for a couple of hours. But, oddly enough, the other half of the complex was out of power for half of a day! Kinda' weird! Also, all Stake Conference meetings for last night - the priesthood leadership meeting and the adult evening session - were canceled because of the storm. And, because we got a new Stake Presidency of which Daddy is now a member... again, we only had one session today. But it was amazing.

Notice the tomato plants are tipped over again.
We are having a good time so far, here in Tallahassee. Hope it is the same for all of you!
So we survived Tropical Storm Fay! I will tell more about that a little latter, we have some pictures below.
Our Relief Society has a sewing group, and we learned this past month how to make men's ties into boy's ties! It was fabulous, because you can even get two ties out of one, if they are small enough. The basic idea is to measure from the neck button to the belly button, double the length, and add 4 to 6 inches to the length. This is for a Velcro type tie. If you want one to actually tie like Daddy, tie it around the child's neck and cut off the excess. If you want more information, just let me know.
So on to the photos:
I walked into the boys room one afternoon, and they were both sitting on the edge of the bed looking at books. By the time I got the camera, Isaac had seen me and moved. But I still took the shot.
Michael was SO tired on night he was falling asleep everywhere. I wanted him to go potty first, so I put him in the bathroom and closed the door. A few minutes later, this is what I opened to door to find. We have a chair in the bathroom for when Michael was potty training, the adult would sit on it to read to Michael. Apparently Michael fits on this chair in several positions!
Michael taugh Isaac how to play Ring-Around-the-Rosies! It was soooo cute! Afterwards Isaac was turning around on his own, trying to sing the song. If we only had a video camera, I would have taped it! (ooooolllkkkk;;;''''yyyfffffffffffddddddddaaaaqqweertyuo[]\\ji7531`,mbcz.b--this is Michael's contribution.)
I hope the next one is just as cute!!
So here are the results of Fay. Friday we had scattered showers, some heavy, some not so much. Then Saturday we really got hit. Saturday morning the lime tree was on the ground and the tomato plants had been blown over. The ground was so saturated that the tomato trelis wouldn't even stay in the ground to hold the poor plants up!
We are having a good time so far, here in Tallahassee. Hope it is the same for all of you!

2 Comments:
Sounds a little scary from everything I keep hearing from those I know in Florida. I'm glad that you live up high enough that you didn't get flooded.
Can't wait to see those cute boys.
Post a Comment
<< Home