My most recent find: cereal for $0.64 a box!!!!!! I also found a clearance item at Michael's that rang up as $0.01!!!!!
School is going very well for both Daddy and Michael! They are both learning a lot! And we are able to carpool to get Michael to school!
We got rid of our mouse (we hope they are all gone)!!!!!!
The two going to school are just getting over an illness, and hopefully none of the rest of us will get it.
And and update on the garden:Our tomatoes are six feet high, with lots of flowers and no tomatoes. We got one banana pepper, and the lettuce and spinach were excellent. I also have growing 8 citrus trees. The key lime only gave us two fruits this year, but it had a hard time – it was neglected while we were away visiting family this summer. The others won’t be old enough to produce for another 4 or 5 years –citrus have to be 7 years old before they produce. I have a grape vine that should produce some good grapes this next year, and a blackberry bush with the same timetable. Three of the pequin (birds eye) peppers are flowering and putting out peppers, one is piddle and stunted. I have some bell peppers growing and producing as well! I don’t know exactly what to expect from the pomegranate tree. It is only a year old, and growing nicely, but I know nothing of when it will produce. I am still waiting for the cherry pit and the peach pits to sprout. The garlic didn’t do as well as I was hoping. They are a shallow rooted plant. So, since I didn’t water them every day I only have one left, and even that one I don’t have much hope for. I am going to try more potatoes in the next few days and see if we can get a second, larger crop.
This is just and update on our life.
School is going very well for both Daddy and Michael! They are both learning a lot! And we are able to carpool to get Michael to school!
We got rid of our mouse (we hope they are all gone)!!!!!!
The two going to school are just getting over an illness, and hopefully none of the rest of us will get it.
And and update on the garden:Our tomatoes are six feet high, with lots of flowers and no tomatoes. We got one banana pepper, and the lettuce and spinach were excellent. I also have growing 8 citrus trees. The key lime only gave us two fruits this year, but it had a hard time – it was neglected while we were away visiting family this summer. The others won’t be old enough to produce for another 4 or 5 years –citrus have to be 7 years old before they produce. I have a grape vine that should produce some good grapes this next year, and a blackberry bush with the same timetable. Three of the pequin (birds eye) peppers are flowering and putting out peppers, one is piddle and stunted. I have some bell peppers growing and producing as well! I don’t know exactly what to expect from the pomegranate tree. It is only a year old, and growing nicely, but I know nothing of when it will produce. I am still waiting for the cherry pit and the peach pits to sprout. The garlic didn’t do as well as I was hoping. They are a shallow rooted plant. So, since I didn’t water them every day I only have one left, and even that one I don’t have much hope for. I am going to try more potatoes in the next few days and see if we can get a second, larger crop.
This is just and update on our life.

5 Comments:
WOW! Thanks for the update on the garden. It was inspiring. I'll definitely be asking you questions when we (some day) get a garden.
Were you planning on living there for 7 years when you planted the fruit trees?
No. I just wanted to see how well they grew. I am hoping to convince my spouse to take at least some of them with us when we move so I can see them bear fruit. They make great indoor plants and only grow as large as the pot will allow. The trick is to keep children away from them.
Great news on the garden. I wish I knew as much about gardening. We did get about a dozen very good, but mostly cracked tomatoes and some banana peppers. Our garden was not prolific, but it did feel like a wholesome effort. I did learn about plants not getting enough light and that container gardening is much trickier than I expected.
Internet bargain: We needed a s-video cable so I got on the internet. Found a 25 foot for $1.36 and a 6 ft for $.01. Bought both. I hoped they would come for the same S+H, but each got charged just under $3. So, still quit a bargain, about $7.50 for a 25 foot and a 6 foot. The six foot would have probably been $15 at a retail store
Post a Comment
<< Home