Thursday, February 07, 2013

Best of my Craigslist ads

At times I get inspired to sell one of the many ridiculous items I have collected over time, normally for free with the intent of repurposing. I try not to think about it too much since I seem to have so much stuff to actually repurpose still sitting on my shelves or in my trunk. Most of the time an ad from me shows up on Craigslist. Sometimes they are straight forward, but other times, I get to practice my creative writing. Since I just sold this finally, I thought I would share the text of the ad here. I did have to leave off the picture of the ikea monkey, but you could find that online if you wanted. 

So, here is my first Best of my Craigslist post.


Ikea Grundtal Towel Holder
stainless steel
4 bars that pivot.
Used by a family - normal wear and tear but still presentable.
No screws to mount it.
$14.99 new currently + gas to drive all the way to Ikea and back.
Yours for only $5.
Stock image shown below.

Ikea's own info on it:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60047896/

As a side note, this would be a poor choice for an in-bathroom pull up bar or exercise equipment. I have not tried it, but the bars are only long enough for a towel and not designed to hold persons such as myself, although, I haven't been able to find a specification sheet on the amount of torque the rack bars can hold. I imagine it would be more dependent on the type of mounting screws you would use to mount it to the wall -- a stud would be best of course if you were to try to attempt a pull up on it. I do believe that it could be used as a pull up bar by the Ikea Monkey though, assuming a clean diaper (see image: Ikea monkey with a clean diaper?). After all, a male rhesus macaque on average is 17 lbs fully grown. That is entirely reasonable for a weight on each bar even at the ends. Even dripping wet towels can seem to weigh more that that. I am sure the designers would have accounted for that much weight. The bars could even be used as a purse rack. I am not talking about those beach going purses that would be better carried by a wheel barrow, but a bunch of normal sized purses or diaper bags or even back packs or coats. This could be a great coat rack. It is cold, and coat racks are not very prominent in Florida. It would be good to have a place to hang your coat. This could be it -- a stylish stainless steel 4 pivoting arm coat rack. Just think, you could hang your coat, gloves, and hat on each a separate bar. I could go on and on about the possibilities, but alas, I only have one of these for sale, and it can be yours for only $5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home