We love both our sons very much. I have been told many times that our two boys look a lot alike. What do you think?

I agree with them. There are many similarities. We have the "My Pictures Slide Show" as our screen saver, and often we have to look at furniture to tell them apart. I often say I had my twins two and a half years apart!
They even like many of the same things. They both love books. We could read books in our house from the rising of the sun to its setting. They both love things that move. Of course Michael likes to make things move and Isaac likes to watch Michael make things move. They love to play peek-a-boo under blankets. Usually under Michael's. They play well together like that. They both love fringes on blankets (good thing we just happen to have two blankets with fringes, or there would be a lot of pulling on Michael's blanket over this one).
But they have distinct differences, too. Michael wants to be in the middle of the attention, no matter who is giving it or to whom it is being given. Isaac loves to just sit and watch. Once Michael learned how to be mobile, he went at it with gusto. Isaac, though he can't crawl, is mobile. He rolls where he wants to go, but usually is just very content to sit and watch. I guess we are all very entertaining. Michael has become very picky about food. But he loves sandwiches, and usually if we make a sandwich and call it a pizza pocket he will eat it. He also loves peanut butter and jam sandwiches. Isaac, on the other hand, will eat almost anything, including the morning paper. They were also born in opposing seasons, so sharing clothing isn't as easy as I had once hoped it would be. Shorts are the biggest problem, we use them most of the year here, but in Utah there were distinct season changes.
Well, our two kids are great. I wouldn't change them for anything, except maybe the tantrums that come with all kids between 2 and, when do they stop? Here is to teaching children!!
They even like many of the same things. They both love books. We could read books in our house from the rising of the sun to its setting. They both love things that move. Of course Michael likes to make things move and Isaac likes to watch Michael make things move. They love to play peek-a-boo under blankets. Usually under Michael's. They play well together like that. They both love fringes on blankets (good thing we just happen to have two blankets with fringes, or there would be a lot of pulling on Michael's blanket over this one).
But they have distinct differences, too. Michael wants to be in the middle of the attention, no matter who is giving it or to whom it is being given. Isaac loves to just sit and watch. Once Michael learned how to be mobile, he went at it with gusto. Isaac, though he can't crawl, is mobile. He rolls where he wants to go, but usually is just very content to sit and watch. I guess we are all very entertaining. Michael has become very picky about food. But he loves sandwiches, and usually if we make a sandwich and call it a pizza pocket he will eat it. He also loves peanut butter and jam sandwiches. Isaac, on the other hand, will eat almost anything, including the morning paper. They were also born in opposing seasons, so sharing clothing isn't as easy as I had once hoped it would be. Shorts are the biggest problem, we use them most of the year here, but in Utah there were distinct season changes.
Well, our two kids are great. I wouldn't change them for anything, except maybe the tantrums that come with all kids between 2 and, when do they stop? Here is to teaching children!!

5 Comments:
Before I started reading, I looked at that first picture and thought,"Wow Isaac looks a lot like Michael did!" I guess it was Michael. They do look a lot a like in those pictures. Though when I see them in person I think they Isaac doesn't look as much like Michael as I remember him looking. They look pretty different.
sorry if that was confusing.
Oh and that was Anna, not Danny.
They are BOTH cute!
I think two kids has been a lot better than one in many ways. I like having the younger watch the older. Hopefully Michael won't kick Isaac in the head if he starts to get near his toys. Its an art that my son is unfortunately perfecting.
Hey Aaron, I tagged you on my blog.
And of course your children are adorable.
Jen
Post a Comment
<< Home