Friday, April 18, 2008

So it has been a very busy few weeks! We finally got a family photo! even if Michael and Isaac aren't really smiling.

We had Isaac's birthday! Our now one-year-old is loving life and getting into everything he can reach from a sitting position.
Here are some birthday pictures.


And one of just how cute he is, even when he is serious! He is getting SO grown up! He doesn't like me to feed him anymore. He prefers to do it himself.

My parents and youngest brother came to town for a week. It was a dramatic change for them from the three feet of snow they still have in Wyoming. It was wonderful to see them!

We spent a day at Wakulla Spring, a day at the beach, a day at an aquarium near by, and a day vising the Marianna Caverns and the Seacrest Wolf Preserve. All very enjoyable, except the fanatic view of the people at the wolf preserve. They need to change their presentation to straight facts, not point of view! But, I will not bore you with all the wrong thinking.
Here is Isaac helping us get ready to go to the beach! That is a string on my shorts he found.

Grandma and Michael made a sand castle! Then Michael destroyed it! I'm not sure which was more fun for him.
Grandpa and Uncle Richard fought the waves. They were about five foot high, and knocked them over several times. I tried it, once. That was enough for me.
Many people have requested an update on our garden. So here it is: The zucchini is blossoming. I couldn't get a good picture of it though.

Our pumpkin has several flower buds on it!
The beans and sunflowers are doing very well!
And everything has at least sprouted! From here you can see (from bottom to top) the corn and peas are getting some height. The lettuce is crowded near the bottom of the row. And the spinach and carrots are just coming up.

And our lime tree is in what I would call full bloom. It is hard to see it in the picture. You can see a few of the blossoms though. And it smells wonderful!

This picture I just wanted to take before I took the onions away.We had a friend over for a little while this morning, and he and Isaac we moving around the house together. It was great! They found my onions, and started taking off the paper and tasting it. They didn't like the taste, but the sound was really neat!


So that is our life. We are "calming" down for Daddy's finals. Michael tried riding a real bike with training wheels today! He had a lot of jun and actually made it go! I was impressed! He doesn't like to peddle on the little trike he has. I think it was good for him to try the bike. And we are working on getting Isaac to crawl/walk. He prefers walking, so I'm not sure the crawling thing will happen.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Wow Isaac is so big. He has really long legs too. He is just looking so old, and cute!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Your garden looks fabulous! I am really glad you got to see your family living farther away from them now. We're not planning on seeing any family in AZ just when we come back to Utah.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the update! glad so many exciting things are going on, and growing up for you guys :)

3:41 PM  
Blogger Mom and Dad said...

What a bunch of fun!! Love the garden. Good to see all your folks.
-Love, MOM

3:55 PM  
Blogger Danny said...

Cute shots! The garden looks really amazing - way to go. I'd like to eat one of your limes someday.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home