Mother's Day.
Unlike some other holidays that I have expressed opinions on, I really like Mother's day. I think this is rooted in the early years where as a primary child, I would go to the stand and sing a short medley of songs with the rest of the primary children as an ode to our mothers. I was probably the child that always tried to stand up in the front, or sing the loudest or some other way of showing my love and appreciation to my mother.
Gifts are not really the important thing for this holiday. We would make something homemade for our mother. Maybe it was a card. If we ever bought anything for her it would have been some Andes mints. Gifts were not really important. Or that is how we felt.
I was thinking about lots of options I had this mother's day. I still keep up the same traditions for mother's day with my mom... I called her. Michael smiled and waved from the stand. It was really nice for us. Anyway, Breakfast at the table and a hug from the boys seems to be the best gift we could give her. I was going to get her flowers, but I was excused from that since I gave her flowers when I went to Orlando for a conference.
So, just a simple I love you will have to do.
I love you.
Unlike some other holidays that I have expressed opinions on, I really like Mother's day. I think this is rooted in the early years where as a primary child, I would go to the stand and sing a short medley of songs with the rest of the primary children as an ode to our mothers. I was probably the child that always tried to stand up in the front, or sing the loudest or some other way of showing my love and appreciation to my mother.
Gifts are not really the important thing for this holiday. We would make something homemade for our mother. Maybe it was a card. If we ever bought anything for her it would have been some Andes mints. Gifts were not really important. Or that is how we felt.
I was thinking about lots of options I had this mother's day. I still keep up the same traditions for mother's day with my mom... I called her. Michael smiled and waved from the stand. It was really nice for us. Anyway, Breakfast at the table and a hug from the boys seems to be the best gift we could give her. I was going to get her flowers, but I was excused from that since I gave her flowers when I went to Orlando for a conference.
So, just a simple I love you will have to do.
I love you.

2 Comments:
I think the best mothers day gifts are acts of service and love. You know, something thoughtful.
I'm glad you like this Holiday. We finally agree on a a Holiday!
Post a Comment
<< Home