Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Where’s that sock?

(I found this while looking through some old files. This is from 9th grade.)

Once upon a time, there was a great clothes dryer. His name was Spark. Now Spark was a mean dryer. He liked to rip the sleeves off of helpless shirts. All the shirts in the hamper were scared of him. One day that all changed.

A sock got thrown into the hamper one day. That sock’s name was Mahonri. Now, Mahonri was not just an ordinary sock; he was a brave, hero sock. He heard the cries and moans of the defenseless shirts.

“Woe is us, woe is us. If we get put into Spark, the dryer, we will surely lose our sleeves. Then no one will want to wear us, and then they will want to get rid of us.”

“I’ll help you,” said Mahonri, “I have a plan.”

Mahonri did have a plan. He jumped into the next load of dirty clothes to be washed, and he went through the washing machine. By the time he went into the dryer he was almost dry. One of the shirts asked him, “Are you sure this will work?”

Mahonri replied, “Yes, the good guy always wins.”

All the shirts were satisfied with his response. Start started up, and in a low grumbly voice he tauntingly asked, “Is there anyone that is willing to try to stop me from taking off a sleeve or two?”

Without expecting a response, Mahonri said, “I will if you’re not too scared to take me on.”

Spark replied, “You, but you’re just a sock. I will take you on.”

Then without a moment’s hesitation, Mahonri turned into a big ball of lint and spread himself all over the shirts. Now Spark couldn’t take the sleeves off of any of the shirts until he removed all the lint. It took the whole drying time to get all of Mahonri’s lint off the shirts. Spark couldn’t take any sleeves off any shirts that day.

So, if you get your wash out of the dryer and there is a sock missing or if there is still is lint on your clothes, remember a sock gave its life so your shirts can have sleeves.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom and Dad said...

I still haven't really solved the mystery of missing socks!!!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I totally remember when you wrote this. thanks for the memory

1:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

and...Happy Father's Day and Birthday today!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home