The Garden!!
Well, it is finished, almost. A neighbor/friend of ours helped with the whole thing. First we had to remove the stump and some roots. These are some of the roots (up to a four-inch diameter) and the stump (in the lower right corner). The cereal bowl is there for comparison purposes.
We then had to loosen all the dirt, including digging one corner down a good deal so it wasn't just clay, so we could mix in the new dirt (6 40 pound bags of top soil and 2/3 of a 40 pound bag of fertilizer) and level the garden site. Last year every rain fall would wash away some of the dirt, so leveling was necessary.

We planted carrots, peas, tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, banana peppers, pumpkin, squash, and cantaloupe. We were going to plant some zucchini as well, but the packet of seeds literally disappeared before we could. I wonder if they got buried. I just don't know.
Our lime tree is blossoming! I am so excited!!
In other news, we found a place where we can buy 1/4 of a cow, and they will process it for us! The one we got is 148 pounds hung weight (that is meat and bones weight together) at $2.29 per pound. We will pick it up tomorrow!
So here are the pictures I know you have been waiting for.
Michael(who just typed his own name) is now enrolled in pre-school.
Isaac loves to give kisses, and his vocabulary is growing.
And Levi is very smiley!
Well, it is finished, almost. A neighbor/friend of ours helped with the whole thing. First we had to remove the stump and some roots. These are some of the roots (up to a four-inch diameter) and the stump (in the lower right corner). The cereal bowl is there for comparison purposes.
We planted carrots, peas, tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, banana peppers, pumpkin, squash, and cantaloupe. We were going to plant some zucchini as well, but the packet of seeds literally disappeared before we could. I wonder if they got buried. I just don't know.
In other news, we found a place where we can buy 1/4 of a cow, and they will process it for us! The one we got is 148 pounds hung weight (that is meat and bones weight together) at $2.29 per pound. We will pick it up tomorrow!
So here are the pictures I know you have been waiting for.

2 Comments:
You've definetly made more progress than us.Our seedlings never sprouted and I haven't yet hardened my transplants.
Well, I just hope they grow. I just found out it is supposed to freeze a couple of times this week yet. Maybe I planted too soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home