So let me try to paint you a picture. This might be difficult for me, because I don't have colors and words frequently flee from me. But nonetheless, here it goes.
Picture a woman in a grocery store with a shopping cart full of food, a baby strapped to her chest in a snuggly, a toddler sitting in the seat of the cart, and a child tugging at the front of her cart. Now think what you would do or say if someone said to her, "Wow! So are you done, or are you going to have one more?"
This woman was me. Yes, this truly happened this past week as I was trying to get the weekly groceries, towing all three boys while Daddy was at school taking preliminary PhD exams. My response was to the effect of maybe more, maybe less. The look on the persons face to this response was priceless! She was astounded that someone would even THINK of having more that four children, and probably thought I was nuts to even consider one more!
And me? I just thought the whole experience was hilarious! I must have really looked funny! (bhn Isaac's contribution. I can't do anything just me anymore. No, I'm not complaining.) But let me tell you, though the snuggly wasn't used much the first two kids, it has saved my arm and back, and probably Isaac a few times too.
Picture a woman in a grocery store with a shopping cart full of food, a baby strapped to her chest in a snuggly, a toddler sitting in the seat of the cart, and a child tugging at the front of her cart. Now think what you would do or say if someone said to her, "Wow! So are you done, or are you going to have one more?"
This woman was me. Yes, this truly happened this past week as I was trying to get the weekly groceries, towing all three boys while Daddy was at school taking preliminary PhD exams. My response was to the effect of maybe more, maybe less. The look on the persons face to this response was priceless! She was astounded that someone would even THINK of having more that four children, and probably thought I was nuts to even consider one more!
And me? I just thought the whole experience was hilarious! I must have really looked funny! (bhn Isaac's contribution. I can't do anything just me anymore. No, I'm not complaining.) But let me tell you, though the snuggly wasn't used much the first two kids, it has saved my arm and back, and probably Isaac a few times too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home